X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adzac
    replied
    I guess I am lucky indeed.
    When we initially installed to Windows 10, we simply installed 4.2 and indexed the site, and it worked perfectly all through the years of the Win10 upgrades mess,
    all the way until January of this year.
    We've come up with a workaround that will serve the need until the next Win10 glitch.
    Until then, as Henslowe said to Will Shakespeare: "'tis a mystery!"
    Thanks, Ray.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Adzac View Post
    No one has touched any of the Zoom software files or any of the index files.
    All on Windows 10.
    That's not really possible since Zoom V4.2 was only available back in 2006, and that was many years before Windows 10 was released (in 2015).

That means, at some point, you must have reinstalled the already old and unsupported Zoom V4.2 on your much newer Windows 10 machine.

Zoom V4.2 was never tested with, nor supported Windows 10.

If you think it previously worked on Windows 10, then you might have been lucky, and it's possible that it still works. Quite often when people think "nothing has changed", after a few hours of support, we almost always find that something has indeed changed but they did not at first identify it. I would start with looking at the problems I indicated above.

But there's no further help I can give you because the software was simply never designed for Windows 10 so your usage case is completely outside our scope.

Leave a comment:

• Adzac
    replied
    Thanks Ray.
    I know you don't support the older versions, so I truly appreciate your response.
    I've been using 4.2 (1013) for years on just one website. There was no need to upgrade because 4.2 served the limited needs of search on this site and it has worked perfectly and efficiently, up to the beginning of this year. It has about 10,000 files.
    Suddenly it began not displaying the results for certain search words which have a lot of files associated with them, just the summary.
    No one has touched any of the Zoom software files or any of the index files.
    All on Windows 10.
    What's most peculiar is that the "page source" for a non-displaying page is truncated. It shows the html code only up to the summary line.
    Not the rest of the code and doesn't even show the closing html tags.
    I finally uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom and reindexed the site.
    It still does it.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    You have posted in the old versions forum.
    Which version of the software are you using?
    V3 to V7 are no longer supported.

From your brief description, there is likely either:
    a) A corruption with your index (either by you mixing files from different indexing sessions unintentionally, or you have edited the files)
    b) You may have modified the search script (resulting in unexpected behaviour), or
    c) There may have been a bug that has very likely since been fixed as you are referring to a version of the software that is more than 10 years old.

Leave a comment:

• Adzac
    started a topic Limit to displaying results

Limit to displaying results

Is there are limit to how many results will be displayed. I'm finding that if the number of results is over 800, it will just show the number of results it found but not display any. And I see in this case looking at the page source that the page is truncated and doesn't even have the closing html tags.
Working...
X